Technical questions

Don't hesitate to ask any upcoming technical questions here.

• Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope you're having a good day.

I'm currently working on the detection of the half and cross liens, and I was wondering if a digital copy of a to-scale visual for where the half and cross lines occur on the track could be provided? I have a copy of the track specification but there isn't a to-scale representation of these particular pieces of track (or at least with measurements provided, such as the thickness of the cross lines/half lines and how far apart they are.

Thank you for your help, and I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Miranda.
  • In reply to Miranda:

Hi Miranda,

Thanks for getting in touch...

To answer your questions we do not have any to scale visuals of the track although we do have the track specification available on the File download page which can help identify the exact position of the half and cross lines.

Please see the following link below for the track specification:

renesasrulz.com/.../3310

Best regards,

Zain
  • In reply to Zain:

Hi Zain,

Thank you for linking the specification-I really want to know though the thickness of the cross lines and half lines, and how far apart these pairs of lines are from one another, less so from the lane change or sharp turn.

Is it possible to find these out?

Kind regards,

Miranda,
  • In reply to Miranda:

Hi Miranda,

Further to Zain's message, please see figures 5 and 7 on the Competition Regulations document for the thickness and spacing of the cross lines and half lines.

This can be downloaded from here:

renesasrulz.com/.../3308

Regards,

Jordan
  • In reply to Jordan Lee:

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for pointing this out, sorry I didn't see these details.

Thank you for the help, and have a good day.

Kind regards,

Miranda.
  • Hi Zain/Jordan,

Sorry to bring this up again, but I have some more questions about the half lines. According to the track specification these are either 500mm or 400mm from a lane change, but the competition regulations state that they're "set at a point between 300mm and 1000mm before a lane change section".

Which of these is correct, as that is quite a large difference, and if the regulations are the ones to follow then is there any more specific information than between 300mm and 1000mm?

Also, from which point is the distance from the half lines and the lane change measured, the gap between them, or a particular end?

Apologies and thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Miranda.
  • In reply to Miranda:

Hi Miranda,

In answer to your first question, both the regulations and the track spec are correct.

The half lines can be set anywhere between 300mm to 1000mm as the regulations suggest. In this years track spec they have been set to 400mm and 500mm respectively. The regulations show the absolute minimum and maximum length that this will be set to; the track spec shows the specific value they have been set to for next year.

In answer to your second question, please refer to figure 7 in the competition regulations document. This shows the measurement starts at the end of one of the half lines and ends at the beginning of the change section.

Regards,

Jordan
  • In reply to Jordan Lee:

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for explaining this, and sorry again for misunderstanding. Have a good day.

Kind regards,

Miranda.